The Diocese and parishes offer support and resources to families suffering from bereavement, separation, divorce, pornography, same-sex attraction and domestic violence. Follow the highlighted links below for more information.
Programs & Resources
- Beginning Experience - Beginning Experience offers programs or conferences for adults or children who have lost a parent or intact family through death, separation or divorce. This program can be accessed in the Wichita Diocese.
Catholic Divorce Survival Guide - A Catholic program for people following separation or divorce. The experts on DVD will guide you "home" through the rich wisdom of the Catholic Church and point you to the sacraments, where Christ will be encountered - with all His love, mercy and healing power in a deeply personal way.
This program is in the Family Life office for checkout by individuals or parishes.
Journey of Hope - The Journey of Hope Program for parish groups is a
popular tool with parishes around the country in supporting the separated and
divorced community in their parish.
Domestic violence is any kind of behavior that a person uses, or threatens to use, to control an intimate partner. The two key elements are threat and control. Domestic violence can take various forms: Physical, Sexual, Psychological, Emotional, and Economic.
Pornography addiction is an epidemic in America. Millions are affected, and Catholics are not immune. Today, pornography use is one of the most common sins heard in confession. Pornography addiction is damaging marriages, families, careers and personal lives. There is an urgent need to educate Catholics on the dangers of pornography, how to protect families and how to help those who are addicted. The web sites listed below are some of the top Catholic web sites in the country.
Pornography Treatment & Counseling Catholic Resources
Integrity Restored - Through Integrity Restored Recovery Program men are finding freedom from pornography use. Couples are restoring their marriages and families are becoming whole again. Comprehensive counseling services available. Dr. Peter Kleponis--101 W. Elm St., Conshohocken, PA 19428 610-397-0960 www.integrityrestored.com
- Reclaim Sexual Health - Online treatment & recovery program. Available 24/7. Bruce & Jeannie Hanneman (WI 54130 920-766-9380 www.reclaimsexualhealth.com )
Family Life Center/Pornography/ Addiction - Counseling, recovery resources for individuals and family members. Steve Wood Family Life Center 2130 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29615 www.dads.org/inquiries
Love Is Faithful - Men and couples can gain freedom from pornography, sexual addiction, infidelity, emotional and Spiritual intimacy. Sam Meier Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas 12615 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, KS 66109 913-647-0378 www.loveisfaithful.com
Marriage/Family Counseling for Pornography Addiction
- Michael Ciaccio MS, LPC, SATP He is a licensed professional counselor who works with adolescents, couples and families with sexual addictions. Michael works in the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas and can be reached at 816-786-6063, email
or at www.catholictherapists.com/ciaccio
- Dr. Peter Kleponis, PhD, LPC Comprehensive Counseling Services, certified in the diagnosis and treatment of sexual addictions. Dr. Kleponis resides in Phoenixville, PA. He does telephone/video counseling and speaks at conferences around the country. Contact him at 610-397-0960, email
, or at www.IntegrityRestored.com
- Bruce and Jeannie Hannemann Both have their M.A. and are cofounders of Reclaim and Elizabeth Ministry International. They, not only have shared the recovery journey with hundreds of couples through their ministry, but have lived it personally. They do telephone /video counseling. Their address is: 120 W 8th St., Kaukauna, WI 54130, phone: 920-766-9380 or www.reclaimsexualhealth.com
Dr. Richard Fitzgibbons M.D. Institute for Marital Healing. Dr. Fitzgibbons and other Catholic Counselors specialize in counseling to strengthen marriages, families and recovering from internet pornography and other addictions. Address: 1012 W. Elm, Suite 320, Conshohocken, PA 19428, 610-397-0950 or www.maritalhealing.com telephone/video counseling available
Chastity Project - Ministry of Jason & Crystalina Evert and team members Christopher West, Sarah Swafford, Chris Stefanick, Dr. Phillip Mango and Matt Fradd. A program that encourages abstinence and promotes the virtue of chastity through education, seminars and events. www.chastityproject.com
National Center on Sexual Exploitation - Patrick Trueman is president of the leading National Organization opposing pornography and indecency through public education and application of the law. MIM maintains a research website about the harms of pornography and directs the cultural war on illegal pornography. http://pornharms.com/
Courage / EnCourage - Courage, an apostolate of the Catholic Church, ministers to those with same-sex attractions. EnCourage is an outreach of Courage which ministers to relatives and friends of persons with same-sex attractions. https://couragerc.org
Catholic Marriage Counseling Online
Any of the following individuals/institutions seek to help you overcome the personal, marriage or family problems that stand between you and the person God wants you to be. All of these resources provide Catholic Counseling or Catholic Coaching with Online teleconferencing and/or Skype.
- Alexander House - Greg and Julie Alexander started this counseling ministry after they nearly divorced. A mentor couple is assigned in the marriage coaching process. Using teleconferencing, they offer a faith centered approach that helps couples develop practical skills to keep their relationship strong. Learn more about their ministry at http://thealexanderhouse.org or calling 210-397-0950.
- Pastoral Solutions - Dr.Gregory Popcak, Ph.D.along with several other counselors help Catholics overcome personal, marriage and family problems by integrating cutting edge psychology with Orthodox Catholic Theology. Teleconferencing available at www.exceptionalmarriages.com or call 740-266-6461.
- Institute for Marital Healing - Dr.Richard Fitzgibbons, MD has a mission of strengthening Catholic marriages by educating spouses, therapists and clergy about causes of conflicts in marital self-giving and effective approaches in alleviating such conflicts. His website provides couples with check lists to identify their problems and educational articles and webinars on interventions to solve them. A number of counselors are available to provide faith based professional counseling as well. Contact them at www.maritalhealing.com or call 610-397-0950.
- BAN - Beyond Affairs Network - BAN is a non-profit organization made up of local support groups for people who are dealing with the devastating impact of a spouses affair. It is for women and men (still married or divorced) seeking support in recovering from this experience. www.beyondaffairs.com
- Retrouvaille - A retrouvaille weekend is designed to provide the tools to help put a couple's marriage in order again. It consists of a series of presentations or informal talks given by a team of three couples and a priest. The team presents a technique of communication that enables a couple to take a good look at most areas of their relationship. Following the presentation, the husband and wife have time in the privacy of their room to discuss the previous talk as it relates to them. This gives the couple the opportunity to rediscover each other and to examine their lives in a new and positive way. The technique learned on the weekend is further developed and used to explore additional areas of relationship, with six follow-up sessions.
- Third Option - An ongoing group program to build better marriages. It is designed for all married couples and can be used both as a marriage enrichment or crisis intervention. For hurting couples, who see only two options (painful endurance or divorce) the third option means reconciliation.