Father Brian Wirth, diocesan moderator for Catholic Rural Life (CRL), in partnership with the Diocese of Salina, Kan. CRL chapter, will lead a virtual novena to St. Isidore the Farmer May 6-14. Participants may join Bishop James Conley of Lincoln, Bishop Jerry… Read More
The Rural Life Commission serves the mission of the Catholic Church by promoting the care of God’s creation and the welfare of the people who depend on it within the Salina Diocese.
St. Isidore’s Novena
The schedule is:
Friday, May 6 at 7 p.m. – Bishop James Conley, Diocese of Lincoln, Neb.
Saturday, May 7 at 3 p.m. – Fr. Robert Barnhill, Diocese of Lincoln
Sunday, May 8 at 7 p.m. – Deacon Ed Souza, Diocese of Salina, Kan.
Monday, May 9 at 7 p.m. – Fr. Brian Wirth, Diocese of Lincoln
Tuesday, May 10 at 7 p.m. – Fr. Brendan Kelly, Diocese of Lincoln
Wednesday, May 11 at 7 p.m. – Fr. Richard Daise, Diocese of Salina
Thursday, May 12 at 7 p.m. – Fr. Quentin Schmitz, Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kan.
Friday, May 13 at 7 p.m. – (TBA)
Saturday, May 14 at 3 p.m. – Bishop Jerry Vincke, Diocese of Salina
The Zoom link will be the same each day.:
Meeting ID: 840 7095 9661
- Foster the spiritual formation of the people relating specifically to the vocation of agriculture.
- Promote an economic environment that sustains family farms and rural communities.
- Be an effective voice in the public forum for Christian values on rural issues.
- Educate people on the social teachings of the Catholic Church as they relate to rural issues.
- Create a structure that sustains the Rural Life Commission.
- President – Art Befort
- Moderator – Fr. Rich Daise
- Vice President – Francis Goeckel
- Secretary – Justine Dlabal
- Mary Guttieri
- Anita Horinek
- Tony Horinek
- Fr. Brian Lager
- Sr. Janet LeDuc
- Bill McCune
- Karen McCune
- Jo Murphy
- Tom Murphy
- Richard Polcyn