Irish Catholics settled in the area in 1886, and Mass was offered by Precious Blood priests who served the northern portion of the diocese. In 1907, a frame building was purchased for $350 from a Disciples of Christ congregation and became the parish’s first church. It would serve until it was replaced more than 60 years later.
Capuchin priests served the parish from 1909 until 1986.
The parish purchased a site for a new church in 1913, but its growth was slow, and the plan was abandoned. In 1964, a new site was purchased, and a new church, rectory and parish hall complex was dedicated Oct. 5, 1969.
8:30 am (First Sunday Only)