The first settlers in 1872 traveled to Cawker City to attend Mass, and in 1875 a priest from Concordia celebrated the first Mass in a dugout home. By 1880, a frame church had been built and a priest offered the Sacraments monthly.
The parish was formed in 1884 and received its first resident pastor. A rectory was built in 1887 and a larger church in 1899. The first church was converted to a school; Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia taught there until 1972.
In 1919, the current Tipton Catholic High School building was constructed.
St. Boniface Church burned in 1952. The parish already had submitted plans to build a new church, and construction began almost immediately. The new church was dedicated in 1954. Three bronze bells were installed in the bell tower in 1963, and stained-glass windows were added in 1967.
Parishioners and alumni gather annually for a summer picnic that raises more than $100,000 to help operate the school.
Tipton, KS 67485
Mission ParishesSt. Aloysius Gonzaga Parish - Osborne
St. Mary Parish - Downs
8:00 am (May - Sep)
6:00 pm (Oct - Apr)
30 minutes before Mass
Fr. Daryl Olmstead
Parish News & Updates
Catholic Schools Bring Home Hardware from State Scholar’s BowlView More
Upcoming Parish Events
Year of Mercy | St. Boniface Parish
All DayView More