The Rural Life Commission serves the mission of the Church by promoting the care of God's creation and the welfare of the people who depend on it.
- Foster the spiritual formation of the people relating specifically to the vocation of farming.
- Promote an economic environment that sustains family farms and rural communities.
- Be an effective voice in the public forum for Christian values on rural issues.
- Educate people on the social teachings of the Church as they relate to rural issues.
- Create a structure that sustains the Rural Life Commission.