In the early 1900s, Mass was celebrated in Catholics’ homes here about once a month by priests stationed at Esbon By 1942, Bishop Frank Thill asked if plans should begin to start a parish. At the time, there were about 13 Catholics in Mankato, but the priest serving them estimated 50 might come for Mass if there were a church.
Construction on a basement church began in 1949 and was dedicated later that year.
Ten years later, a new church was built on the basement foundation. It was dedicated in September 1959. The first resident pastor was appointed in 1960.
Stained-glass windows were installed in 1963, and others were added in 1967.
6:30 pm (Apr - Sep)
8:00 am (Oct - Mar)
30 minutes before Mass