Junction City priests first attended to settlers here in 1873, and in 1877, a church measuring 24- by 30-feet was built and dedicated to St. Phillip the Apostle.
A new church was dedicated in 1910; two statues from the original church stand on either side of St. Phillip on the high altar.
In 1936 the parish purchased an old theater and adjacent service station and remodeled the theater for a parish hall.
The parish had a resident pastor from 1960 to 1983. Before and after that, it was attended to by priests either in Abilene or Herington.
Both the church and parish hall were remodeled in 1998.
712 N. Broadway
Herington, KS 67449
7:30 (2nd, 4th)
6:30 pm (Between Fall and Spring DST)
8:30 am (1st, 3rd, 5th)
30 minutes before Mass