Father Louis Mollier, a missionary priest based in St. Joseph in Cloud County, celebrated the first Mass in Logan in 1878. Other priests traveled to Logan as often as once a month to offer the sacraments. In 1885, the local Catholics built a frame church 36 feet and 20 feet for $603.84. It was used until 1906 when a larger stone church was built.
Bishop John Cunningham dedicated the church in November 1906. Parishioners donated much of the labor, but it was several years before the interior was completed. The altar was installed in 1909, a a furnace placed in 1910. Stations of the Cross came in 1911, and a bronze bell was placed in the tower in 1925.
Work on a new church began in 1960. It included a new parish hall, with the total cost of $115,000. Bishop Frederick Freking dedicated it on April 23, 1961. A bell tower was added in 1972 to house the bell acquired in 1925.
A new rectory was built in 1973.
In 1977, the parish added stained-glass windows at a cost of $9,600.
The parish had a resident pastor from 1911 to 1985.
8:30 am (summer)
10:00 am (Oct. 1-April 1)