Phillipsburg was a mission of Father Louis Mollier, an early day missionary priest who celebrated Mass in residents’ homes when he traveled through the area, sometimes only once a year. The first recorded Mass was on Aug. 31, 1875.
By 1908, land was donated for the construction of a church. It was completed in 1909, although pews, electricity and water were not installed until 1933.
SS. Philip and James remained a mission parish until 1960, when it received its first resident pastor. A house was purchased and remodeled for the rectory.
A new rectory was built in 1974. In 1987, the parish purchased four acres at the edge of town to build a new church. The church, parish hall, offices and classrooms were dedicated March 24, 1991. The old church and rectory were sold and a home closer to the new church was purchased for the new rectory.
8:30 am (Winter)
10:00 am (April 1-Oct.1)