Missionary priests traveled to the area as early as 1879, and the first church was built near Kanorado in 1889. It was used less than two years when it was destroyed by wind. A brick church then was built in Goodland, where the old altar, which was not damaged, was installed. The parish initially was dedicated to Our Lady of Suffrage but then changed to Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
The church was razed in 1901 to make way for a new structure, completed in 1902.
A growing parish prompted the construction of a larger church, an Italian Renaissance-style building of brick trimmed in limestone, dedicated in 1927. The former church building was sold to a Lutheran congregation.
In 1938, a marble plaque and cross were placed at the site of the first Catholic Church near Kanorado.
An addition to the church, comprising classrooms and overflow worship space, was dedicated in 1968.
Mission ParishesHoly Ghost Parish - Sharon Springs
10:30 am (Mountain Time)
12:00pm (Mountain Time) - Spanish
6:00 pm (Mountain Time)
5:00 - 5:45 pm (Mountain Time)