Father Joseph Rimmele, a missionary priest, was the first to attend to the Catholic settlers of Clay County. In 1870, he reported 10 Catholics in the area, and he offered Mass in residents’ homes. Land for a church was purchased in 1877 and a frame structure completed in 1879.
The present stone church was completed in 1892. East and west wings, with matching stone facing, and a basement were added in 1958. A new parish center was completed in 1991.
Mission ParishesSt. Anthony Parish - Miltonvale
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm