Father Beryl L. Gibson was born December 22, 1930, in Phillipsburg, to Lester and Alma (Gaines) Gibson. He attended Phillipsburg Grade School and Phillipsburg High School. He attended Miltonvale Wesleyan College and received a bachelor’s in chemistry from Fort Hays State University.
He later served in the military with the Counter Intelligence Corps of the U.S. Army from 1954-1959. In that time, he received his bachelor’s and master’s in German from the University of Heidelberg in Germany.
Over the years, he had a variety of jobs, including radio repairman, plumber, construction worker and some work at a chemical. He also taught at both Creighton University and St. Mary Academy high school in Omaha, Neb.
He attended seminary at Sacred Heart School of Theology in Hales Corners, Wisc. He was ordained May 18, 1996, by Bishop George Fitzsimons at Ss. Philip and James Church in Phillipsburg at age 65.
In 1996, he was parochial vicar at St. Francis Xavier Parish in Junction City.
In 1997, he was parochial vicar at St. Thomas More Parish in Manhattan, and later as parochial vicar at Sacred Heart Parish in Colby
In 1998, he was parochial vicar at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Hays.
In 1999, he was pastor of St. Francis Parish in St. Francis, St. Joseph Parish in Bird City and St. John Nepomucene Parish in Beardsley.
In 2005, he retired to Phillipsubrg.
To read the full obituary visit the link below