Upcoming Events>> view complete calendar
Religious Education Docs
- Totus Tuus 2013 Teacher Recruiting Poster
- Totus Tuus 2013 Returning Teacher Application
- Totus Tuus 2013 Application
- Totus Tuus 2013 Referral Form
- HIPAA Form
- Form A disclosure
- Form B med info
- Form C med permission
- Form D field trip
- Parish Record for Catechist Certification
- Catechist Attendance Certificate
- Individual Certification Requirements Record
- Child Lures Training Record
- Confirmation Liturgy Form
- Form K
The religious education office facilitates information, training, retreats, support and fellowship, especially for those who teach in or administer parish religious education/PRE programs.
The office of religious education would like to encourage all Catechists to become certified through the diocese. Certification has one purpose and that is to promote the highest training and formation of teachers and catechists who teach religion in our classrooms at all levels of education.
This purpose can best be realized in a twofold manner. First, by giving recognition and support to teachers and catechists who have made a continuing effort over the years to be well informed and renewed in their faith, as they engage in the teaching ministry. Second, by challenging catechists to further their education, formation and higher levels of competency through the establishment of certain standards and criteria.
Whether one is an experienced teacher and catechist of several years or a beginning teacher, certification promotes growth and development and provides a structure for the recognition of such.